What’s on my top 8 worth-it list?
1. Victoria’s Secret 5 for $25 undies. I have an addiction and I don’t feel bad about it at all. A gal can never have enough lacie thongs and boy shorts in her dresser.
2. A hot, go-to LBD. Every woman needs at least one dress that’ll make you feel sexy, beautiful and confident even on a “fat” day while you are PMSing. I just bought a gorgeous one at Express on Black Friday, and guess what? I got if for 30% off plus an additional $40 off from a Coupon the sales clerk gave me. So it wasn’t even that big of a splurge after all.
3. A Mini Vacay. These mini vacays keep me sane, so I take them and take them often…guilt-free. I’ve gone on mini trips to New York, D.C., Virginia, and other states to visit friends. I just love traveling, and it makes me feel good so I justify throwing in the dough for my own well-being. In two weeks, I will be taking a “min vacay” road trip to Florida and hitting up Magic Kingdom while I’m at it (wahoo!).
4. Chocolate. Chocolate cookies, chocolate-covered strawberries, chocolate peanut butter fudge (especially my mom’s), chocolate Kisses, chocolate frozen yogurt and chocolate cake with chocolate frosting are all worth the splurge in my book.
5. A Pedi. For me, it’s so much more worth it to go in and get a pedicure than try to give myself one. Let’s be honest: I’m just not as good as those miracle workers in the salons. There’s nothing like hitting up the nail salon with a coffee, laying back with a magazine and letting the pedicurists go to work. When my toes look chipped and my feet have seen brighter days, that’s where you’ll find me.
6. A Good Book (or 10). I can’t help wanting to buy the entire store every time I walk into a book store…especially a used book store. I just love everything about it: the smell, the feel, the people, the aura. And there’s nothing quite like curling up in bed with a good book and a cup of hot tea, so give in my friend!
7. A gym membership (or the equivalent). If I didn’t work out, my mind would be all over the place and I’d probably turn into a psychotic bitch, which is not me at all. That’s exactly my point: exercising regularly helps keep me “me”: balanced, energized, perky and happy. Currently I have a 20-day gym pass I purchased on a group-buying site for only $19, but I also splurged on the Core Fusion Body Sculpt DVD (totally worth it) for those days I don’t feel like leaving my apartment in the 25-degree weather.
8. An Extra Cocktail (Healthy Chick Approved of Course). An extra cocktail is almost always worth the splurge for me as it comes in handy in awkward situations, bad dates, good dates, or nights you just want to have a little more fun. Just don’t be downing Sex on the Beach and martinis all night, and you should be good. My fave drink? Vodka + Seltzer + Lime + Optional Splash of Cran.
What are some things that are 100% worth the splurge for you?