Lately, I’ve seen a lot of people on Facebook doing an “I am thankful” countdown of sorts. I’ve been amazed and touched by how creative and inspiring people are getting with these things. Therefore, I’ve decided to dedicate a post for myself on things I am thankful for in my life. I thought it was only fitting that Thanksgiving is just two days away, and it’s been one of the only things on my mind for the past month. I guess you could say I am in the Thanksgiving mode, and have decided to treat my neighbor for lunch today because of it. He’s one of the millions of things (er, people) I am thankful for and I think it’s nice to give back sometimes and give a little “thank you” of my own. So here goes…
I am thankful for…
1. My wonderful friends who live all over the place (as far as Virginia) and the fact that whenever I see them it’s like old times again…like time hasn’t even passed.
2. My goofy, caring, and sometimes crazy family for loving me for me, and being there for support no matter what.
3. Peanut butter, and the fact that I can put it on top of anything and it still tastes just as delicious.
4. My tiny waist that allows me to wear form-fitting dresses, halters & spaghetti strap tanks.
5. The practice of yoga and how it gives me a sense of balance, energy and serenity every time I do it.
6. My curvy body which I used to hate and am now learning to embrace. Hey, we may as well rock the body we were given.
7. My ability and talent to write and keep up with it, especially in my “Healthy Chicks” blog.
8. My lovely readers (you guys) who come back day after day and leave inspiring comments and wonderful advice.
9. All of my guy friends, who let me in on the minds of dudes so that I can greater understand the other species.
10. All the kind-hearted people out there, like the nice gentleman at Trader Joe’s who gave me a discount on my coffee and the old woman I met at the Laundromat the other day who struck up a conversation with me while waiting for our clothes to dry.
11. Having the guts to talk to strangers and share my emotions with people…even if I can be overly chatty and honest.
12. My dad’s silly text messages and pictures that make me crack up with laughter every single day.
13. My sister Krista because she’s the only sister I’ve got and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
14. My mom’s silly notes and packages she sends me that can bring a smile to my face even when I’m having one of “those days.”
15. My new-found love for running…and that high I get after mile 3.
16. My daily coffee and the way it greets me every day so I can be perky, energized & smiley in the morning.
17. The wonderful people I “meet” through Twitter, blogging & the entire social community like my absolute favorite blogger rock star Rachel Wilkerson. (Seriously, check her out if you haven’t yet, she’s freakin’ hilarious)
18. Food of all kinds and all flavors and my ability to enjoy every single bite, instead of fear it like I once did.
19. Warm winter scarves, boots, fuzzy blankets & slippers.
20. Hot tea after a long, stressful day.
21. People who are happy and love life (and show it). There aren’t enough of them.
22. Love, and finding it at the least expected of times…all around.
23. Whoever invented sushi, especially the Spicy Tuna roll.
24. Everyone in my life, as you have made an impact on me somehow.
25. Home cooked meals and clean sheets waiting for me every time I go home.