Hi I’m Rachel. Many of you may just know me as the girl behind the “Healthy Chicks” blog. I felt that since I share posts with you about my life, thoughts and opinions every day it’s about time I let you into a few weird little facts about me (beyond the general stuff I share on my blog). So here goes. Meet the real Rachel (quirks and all) and I hope you all continue to enjoy reading!
1. I’m scared of ghosts. Not that I really believe them, or ever saw one or anything, but I have a weird fear of them. One night my roommate swore we had one living in our apartment, and I started crying and couldn’t sleep the rest of the night. I contemplated jumping in bed with my friend. It’s that bad.
2. I’ve been single for my entire life. Yup, 23 years and counting. Sometimes I am OK with it. Sometimes I am not. It depends on the day.
3. I’m addicted to Peanut butter. Any and all peanut butter, although Teddie’s All Natural is my current obsession. I could hands down demolish a jar of peanut butter (by the spoon) in minutes. I once gave it up for Lent and it was the worst decision I’ve ever made in life.
4. I probably own 100 pairs of VS lace cotton thongs…in all colors. They’re the only underwear I trust, and I am utterly obsessed. I even wear them when I’m working out (weird, I know).
5. On the underwear note, I also match my underwear to my outfit. Why? I don’t know, but I like to color coordinate.
6. I haven’t eaten at McDonald’s since I was a junior in high school (other than their Fruit ‘n’ Walnut Salad I get when I’m traveling occasionally). I used to eat their Crispy Chicken Sandwich with mayo and large fries every day after swim team practice when I was younger. Now, that totally grosses me out.
7. I once left my # on a post it for this guy I had a huge *crush* on at the gym, and he never called. Hey, at least I was ballsy. I don’t know if I’ll ever pull the post it move again…
8. I love cuddling, and could cuddle all day every day. Part of the reason is because I’m always cold so like the warm body heat. Sometimes I cuddle with my body pillow at night (hehe)
9. I went sky diving in New Zealand this past April, and it was hands down the craziest, most amazing moment I’ve ever had, although it happened so fast it’s hard to remember, unless I look at pictures and the hilarious video.
10. I’m color blind, with mostly shades of greens, browns and reds. Every time they’d do that Color Blind test, I’d get pissed I couldn’t see the numbers that were supposed to appear. It’s extremely rare for a girl to be color blind, but I take it as a cool fact to share. It doesn’t get in the way much, unless I’m using colored pencils or trying to find the right shade of green in Microsoft Word. I once colored a tree trunk green and the leaves brown in art class when I was little. Oops. Oh, and I HATE it when people ask, “What colors the sky?” “What colors the grass?” Purple and yellow, duh.
11. I get mad at slow walkers…who take up the entire sidewalk. I can’t help it. It’s like, get out of the way or speed up!
What are your weird habits or unique factoids that make you *you*?