While some are complaining about the end of bathing suit season, stargazing, and BBQing every night, I couldn’t be more happy about the fact that fall is finally here. And today realllllyyy felt like fall for the first time. I went out for a fancy lunch with my friend and ordered the Rotisserie Chicken with Butternut Squash Risotto. Let’s just say when I took that first bite of perfectly cooked rice with just the right amount of cheese and bits of butternut squash, I thought to myself, “Oh ya…fall is finally here.” Not to mention I licked my plate clean. So while some of you are crying as you store away your itty-bitty VS bikinis, I’m smiling ear to ear about my absolute favorite season. Still not ready to throw summer away? Well, I’ll tell you exactly why I love fall so darn much and hopefully have you smiling by the end of this post…at least just a little.
1. Cooking with butternut squash, spaghetti squash or any squash for that matter. Hey, you can even make fall cooking super healthy!
2. Eating candy corn for the first time…and loving it just the same as when you were 8 years old
3. Long runs or walks in the crisp weather
4. Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte (even if you do just get one pump to save a few cals)
5. Apple picking with your friends…and eating at least 5 before you even weigh your bag (it’s OK, we won’t tell)
6. Homemade pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins or pumpkin bread on a cool evening…after a long day at work
7. The switch from iced tea to hot tea like your apple cinnamon and gingerbread infused flavors you’ve been saving up for fall
8. Thanksgiving feast coming soon…need I say more?
9. Turning off that AC and sleeping with your windows open, snuggled up in your fave fuzzy blanket
10. Pumpkin picking with the fam, even if you don’t choose to carve it and simply use it as a desk decoration
11. Hot coffee that smells up your whole apartment like fall (Hint: Cinnamon Hazelnut is a great scent, and tasty too!)
12. Lighting fall candles if coffee isn’t for you like Pumpkin Spice and Apple Pie…Mmm!
13. Going on long hikes in the mountains and not sweating your ass off while doing so
14. Leggings, boots & sweater season is back!
15. Pretty foliage and leaves everywhere…and taking pictures of all the pretty colors!
16. Football season i.e. your excuse for a girls night out (or excuse to eat just a couple buffalo wings or slice of pizza…hey, it’s for celebration purposes)!
17. Homemade kettle corn at local festivals and markets…with just the perfect balance of sweet ‘n’ salty
18. A movie in with your girlfriends (or boyfriend) by the fireplace…with popcorn and a little apple cider
19. You can finally wear your hair down again without it turning into a complete frizz ball the second you step out of the house
20. You can just smell it in the air…fall is here!
What are your favorite things about fall? Or are you a summer girl at heart?