Usually, I season my tofu with herbs and garlic, but last night I chose to change it up a bit. I just purchased some sesame seeds, sesame oil, and a brand new bottle of Agave syrup, so decided to experiment. Let’s just say my little experiment was a huge success. I hope you enjoy!
*makes 2 servings
-1 Package Trader Joe’s Thai-style Lime Rice* (or other brand of choice) *Next time I’m going to make my own!
-1/2 package extra firm tofu
-2 TB sesame oil
-2 TB agave syrup
-few shakes of garlic salt (according to taste)
-2 TB olive oil
-1 TB lemon juice
-2 TB sesame seeds
-1/2 TB nutmeg
-1 tsp. ginger
-s & p to taste
1. Preheat oven on 350. Blot the tofu with a paper towel to remove excess water, then chop into edible square pieces.
2. Add tofu into a zip lock bag with oils, herbs, spices and lemon juice (hold off on lime juice). Shake up thoroughly being sure to coat each piece of tofu.
3. Arrange tofu on a coated baking sheet (I like to line with tin foil) and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tofu is crisp and slightly browned.
4. In the meantime, cook the rice according to directions, using stovetop or microwave. When the rice is finished, add in the juice of 1/2 lime and stir in.
5. Add in tofu, and top with salt and pepper to taste. Serve in a pretty bowl with lime wedge to garnish. Eat with chopsticks or a simple ol’ fork!