-2 red bell peppers
-6 oz. lean ground turkey
-1 cup cooked quinoa (may substitute brown rice)
-1/2 c. yellow onion, chopped
-2 small roma tomatoes, diced
-1 c. spinach
-1/2 c. organic marinara sauce
-1 clove garlic, crushed
-1 TB basil
-1 TB parsley
-1/4 c fresh mozzarella cheese, shredded
-2 TB Extra Virgin Olive Oil (for cooking)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Coat a medium skillet with olive oil, and cook turkey burger until lightly browned. Add in your vegetables (aside from the peppers), and cook on medium heat.
2. In the meantime, cook quinoa (or brown rice) according to directions.
3. Once veggies are cooked, add in the marinara sauce, crushed garlic, parsley, and basil. Cook on low heat. Lastly, stir in the quinoa.
4. Cut the top off peppers, and remove seeds. Stuff with mixture, and top each with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake the peppers for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!