I invented this recipe because I am absolutely obsessed with Whole Food’s Mediterranean Herb Tofu, and wanted to attempt making it…Lets just say, it came pretty close to the real deal and it’s absolutely delicious. This protein-packed recipe is great for both vegetarians and meat lovers alike!
-1 package extra firm tofu
-2-4 TB extra virgin olive oil
-1 TB oregano
-1 TB rosemary
-1 TB basil
-1 TB parsley
-1/2 TB garlic powder (or one clove fresh garlic, crushed)
-Pinch of Salt & Pepper
1. Blot the tofu well with a paper towel, getting as much water out as possible. (This will make it more firm, and less soggy when cooking) Once it is well drained, chop the tofu into mini 1 or 2 inch squares so they are bite size.
2. Mix all the ingredients together, including the tofu, in a large plastic bag. Shake it all up and zip the bag shut.
3. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, and have the oven preheated to 350.
4. Bake for approximately 30 minutes on a sprayed baking sheet, or until the tofu looks firm and slightly golden.
5. Let it cool for a bit, and enjoy as a meal on top of rice or quinoa, as a salad topping or just by itself!