I made this for breakfast today, and it was absolutely delicious! My mom kept shouting from the other room, asking what smelt so good. Well, it was this wonderful omelet that I will now share with you!
-1 TB olive oil for greasing the pan
-2 medium to large sized eggs
-1/8 to 1/4 avocado, sliced in small chunks
–1/2 medium tomato, chopped
-1 tsp. oregano
-1 tsp. basil (Fresh is best if you have it!)
-1/4 cup low fat cheese of your choice (optional)–feta or reduced fat mozzarella would taste great! (I used a half slice of veggie cheese because of my sensitivity to milk)
1. Mix 1 whole egg with 1 egg white in a small bowl. Add a dash of water or skim milk to thicken the mixture up a bit.
2. Place your frying pan on the stove, on medium high, letting the olive oil to spread all over and set in.
3. In the meantime, chop your tomatoes and avocado up and have ready.
4. Once stove is hot, pour egg mixture. Once it starts bubbling a bit, add your veggies and then cheese (optional). As cheese starts melting, sprinkle the oregano and basil over the eggs.
5. Turn one side over with a spatula to create the classical omelet shape.
6. Enjoy! Serve with a piece of whole grain or Ezekial bread, or some fresh fruit : )