We’ve all been there. We get so busy that we tend to forget the really little things in life, the things that if we took a little time to do, we’d be much happier…or healthier. So, I put together a little list to remind you of the things you may want to remind yourself to live a more peaceful, wholesome life.
1. Take Your Vitamins. Even though they don’t taste like grape and resemble Flinstone characters anymore, they are still super important to our health and all it takes is a few seconds to gulp one down. Try One a Day Women’s, which has calcium for bone strength and loads of Vitamin D.
2. Say “I Love You” at least once a day to someone, whether that be your mom, your boyfriend or even your best friend.
3. Say “thank you” when someone compliments you once in a while, rather than brushing them off. C’mon, sometime it feels good to get a little confidence boost, so eat it up for once! You deserve it.
4. Turn off your phone, computer, Blackberry, ipod, or whatever piece of technology you have with you 24/7. Even just turning it off for a few minutes or hour a day can give you a new peace of mind.
5. Make dinner for yourself. A healthy salad or grilled fish with veggies takes less than 20 minutes to put together!
6. Call a friend who lives far away, and talk for hours…
7. Send a hand-written letter to someone special.
9. Play like a kid for a day. Yes, that means catching fireflies, eating grilled cheese and letting yourself go.
10. Go for a walk, even if it’s only for 10 minutes. The fresh air will make you feel refreshed and at ease.