Why They are Good for You:
- Helps lower chance of developing Osteoporosis
- Helps with bone growth
- Contains calcium (Hey, maybe we don’t need THAT much milk after all…), protein, potassium, and iron
- Perfect fill me-up snack to tide you over for a few hours
What They Taste Great In:
- Sprinkle slivered almonds on your favorite yogurt for an extra crunch!
- Add a few to your oatmeal or cereal in the morning for the perfect protein-enhanced breakfast.
- Make your own trail mix with almonds, dried fruit and dark chocolate chips or try my “Delightful Trail Mix” recipe.
- Add sliced almonds to rice, quinoa or other hot pasta dishes.